Saturday, July 5, 2008

Environmental Issues

Toward the end of the question & answer period of our May 21st public meeting, one gentleman stood out from the crowd by asking something like, "Is anyone even thinking about the environmental impacts, or is this all just about the money?". And I realized that he was right ... it's very easy to get wrapped up in the money-making aspects of this situation.

Since that time I have been scouring the internet to research the environmental consequences of leasing our land to the gas companies. I quickly learned about a multitude of environmental hazards (of all kinds) just by visiting some of the 'environmental group' web sites. But I also quickly learned that the information on these sites is not the whole story. Their position is obviously 'anti-drilling', and the information is presented in the most negative light possible.

After several weeks of research, I have put together my own findings and thoughts on the environmental effects of gas drilling. (Click on the link below to read)

Kevin Lewis

http://www.box.net/shared/x8rghm000o

No comments: